First, Some Interesting Facts About The Stowe Area
- Stowe is home to Mt. Mansfield (Vermont’s highest mountain) and Spruce Peak (a great beginner & intermediate ski mountain).
- Stowe has 48 of the longest ski trails in New England.
- Stowe has over 200 miles of interconnected cross country ski trails.
- Stowe’s average annual snowfall is 260 inches.
- Stowe is home to the Von Trapp family of “The Sound of Music” fame.
- The world famous “Long Trail” runs directly through Stowe.
- Stowe’s recreation path was recognized as one of George Bush’s “1,000 points of light”.
- Two of New England’s best Trout fishing rivers border Stowe.
- There are dozens of fine restaurants in Stowe.
- Stowe’s “Winter Carnival” was recognized (along with the Super Bowl and Mardi Gras) as one of the ten best events in the U.S.
Stowe also offers its visitors a variety of activities and events in every season. We would like to present a number of these to you. Just select the season of your choice below or, take the time to return to this page and visit all four. You may be pleasantly surprised at all that our area has to offer.