Stowe’s ideal climate (warm dry days & cool nights) makes it a perfect spot for a memorable summer vacation
Add to this, the list of ongoing activities and special events for which our area is noted and your visit is almost certain to bring you back again and again.
During this season you might enjoy our award winning Recreation Path:
- Golf on one of our many fine courses
- A visit to Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Factory
- The Stowe Mountain Resort which features an auto toll road
- Gondola rides to the summit
- Hiking in the mountains and fine dining at the summit
- Fishing (try a guided fishing tour)
- A Hot Air Balloon ride
- A Soaring adventure
- A Zipline Canopy Tour
- Horseback Riding
- The Helen Day Art Center
- Summer Theater
- Outdoor Concerts
- Covered Bridges (ask for our printed guide)
- Auto Tours (ask for the Roads & Tours Brochure when you arrive)
- Vermont’s famous Cabot Cheese Factory
- The Rock of Ages Granite Quarry
- A cruise on Lake Champlain
- Our Capital City of Montpelier and much much more.
If activities are not your cup of tea, just relax amid the most beautiful scenery in the world and enjoy some of our many restaurants and our Triplex Movie Theater, or have afternoon tea at a real working sheep farm.
Some of our special summer events are:
- The Stoweflake Balloon Festival
- The Antique & Classic Car Meet
- The Mozart Festival
- Music in the Meadow
- Weekly Gazebo Concerts
- The Stowe Craft Fair
- Fourth of July Celebration and Fireworks
- The Stowe Bicycle Race and The World’s Shortest Marathon.