The List of Winter Activities Available in and Around Stowe, Seems Endless
Let’s start with several popular ones: Stowe’s two ski mountains, Mount Mansfield and Spruce Peak for “The best skiing & snowboarding in the east”. The award winning Stowe Recreation Path for snowshoeing or cross-country skiing.
- Torchlight Parades
- Snowshoe or Snowmobile tours provided by Umiak (Stowe’s premier outdoor adventure Company)
- Sleigh Rides
- Ice Skating
- Winter Mountain Biking
- Ice Fishing; Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Factory tours
- The Helen Day Art Center
- Shops and Restaurants galore and many many more.
Stowe is also host to many special events throughout the Winter
- Stowe Fest Demo Days
- The annual Festival of the Christmas Trees
- Sounds of Christmas
- New Year’s Eve celebration at the mountain
- The U.S. Olympic Committee’s Ski Challenge at Stowe
- The award winning Stowe Winter Carnival
- The annual Stowe Derby
- Easter Sunrise Service on the mountain
- The Stowe Sugar Slalom
For those who visit us just to relax, you can indulge yourself at one of over 25 restaurants, take in one of 3 movies at our Triplex Theatre or just enjoy our shops and some great nightlife. If you need a little more activity, you can visit one of our many Spas or Fitness Centers, take a guided tour of Montreal or just be a spectator at the Torchlight parades, Fireworks or one of Stowe’s special events.